SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY TECHNICIAN - (VANDENBERG, CALIFORNIA)
- Implement and maintain site specific safety policies
- Become familiar with all applicable safety policies pertaining to (OSHA) The Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (Cal/OSHA) The Division of Occupational Safety and Health, and SpaceX specific safety policies
- Take direction from and support the Lead Environmental Health & Safety Engineer as directed
- Perform job hazard analysis and (PPE) personal protective equipment assessments
- Support field monitoring of employee exposures to job and chemical hazards
- Work independently to evaluate jobs/tasks performed on the production floor and recommend appropriate PPE, or task modifications to reduce exposure
- Assist in respiratory program elements, respirator fit testing, and maintenance
- Monitor work site and notify Lead EHS Engineer when safety policies are not met by employees
- Acquire relevant hazardous waste management training, including (DOT) The Department of Transportation, (CCR) Coal Combustion Residuals, and (RCRA) Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Perform environmental compliance and due diligence audits for air, wastewater, storm water, and hazardous waste protocols.
- Perform inspections and monitoring required by NPDES and other discharge permits/plans
- Perform storm water construction/industrial permit inspections and monitoring
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify non-compliance
- Complete and maintain routine safety logs and reports
- Minimum of 2 years of experience implementing and overseeing environmental, health, and safety disciplines
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience implementing/developing health and safety plans and policies
- Experience using Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with emergency response crews in incidents involving hazardous and non-hazardous material releases to air, soil, and water
- Demonstrated success for hands-on work and attention to detail in either academic or career pursuits
- Ability to multi-task, to manage shifting priorities, and to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a construction/industrial environment
- Ability to communicate well with technicians and engineers
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-concentration, fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: California, PA