The Allegheny Health Network (AHN)’s Cancer Institute is searching for a full-time faculty member to serve as Program Director for Developmental Therapeutics, and as an Associate Director (AD) for Clinical Investigational Oncology to join our expanding team located at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh PA.
Cancer Institute Highlights:
- New state-of-the-art Academic Cancer Institute facility
- Pioneering scientific, translational and clinical research
- Outstanding infrastructure exists to support the leader, including clinical grade somatic next generation sequencing (NGS) performed at AHN, an immune monitoring and research lab as well as a proteomics core lab.
- Implementation of a system-wide biomarker discovery program aimed at helping in the design and implementation of personalized cancer therapies.
- Large network of 23 locations in Western Pennsylvania, accounting for >8000 new cancer patients per year
- Develop and grow the Developmental Therapeutics program’s early phase clinical trial portfolio with an emphasis on molecular oncology and immunotherapy
- Manage research personnel related to early phase clinical trials
- Strategic planning for clinical trial partnerships and programs
- Development of industry trial programs
- Development of Phase I clinical trial program
- Train residents and fellows in clinical trial processes
- Clinical responsibilities include the care of ambulatory and admitted patients as well as the care of patients with rare solid tumors.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Five years of experience in clinical trials
- Experience in authoring, leading, and publishing phase 1 cancer clinical trials
- Eligible for Pennsylvania License
AHN Proudly Offers:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest integrated delivery and financing systems and is looking to expand the Medical Oncology Team in the Pittsburgh, PA Market! We are comprised of 10 diverse hospitals and over 250 health care facilities and growing!
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks, and a nationally-recognized culinary scene. It is home to major sports teams as well as key players within an ever-growing tech industry. Pittsburgh is recognized as one of the ‘most livable cities’ in the United States by Forbes and The Economist. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges, and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (15212)