Pediatric Gastroenterologist – UPMC Children’s Hospital – H1B visa compatible – Job in Pittsburgh, PA
UPMC Children’s Hospital is recruiting a Pediatric GI for Pittsburgh, PA. The physician must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Seven clinical sessions per week seeing 6-8 patients per session
- Ten weeks will be spent on inpatient service
- Join a group of 18 physicians and 8 APPs that have their own patient panels
- Outreach clinics 1-2 per month
- Clinical academic appointment and teaching opportunity with residents and fellows
- Opportunity to build your subspecialty
- Cerner EMR
What we Offer
- Relocation assistance
- CME allowance of $4,000 plus 2 weeks
- Four weeks PTO plus holidays
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus lucrative RVU based incentive bonus
- Stipend for outreach clinics
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
- Excellent retirement matching benefits from both UPP and University of Pittsburgh
- UPMC Advantage Gold health plan
- Tuition benefits to attend University of Pittsburgh for faculty dependents
About UPMC Children’s Hospital and UPMC
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh is a 313-bed, acute care teaching hospital located on 10 acres in Pittsburgh’s Lawrenceville neighborhood.
- UPMC Children’s was the nation’s first pediatric transplant center. With a history spanning 130-plus years, UPMC Children’s today is renowned for its outstanding clinical, research, and medical education programs and services — and for its frontline role in advancing standards of excellence in pediatric care.
- UPMC Children’s is ranked on the U.S. News Top 10 Best Children's Hospitals for 2021–2022 and is ranked in all 10 pediatric subspecialties surveyed. Three subspecialties ranked in the national top 10, including: Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Pittsburgh leaped to No. 26 on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. for 2022. It was also named the sixth-best U.S. city to live based on affordability.
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Unmatched sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (15224)