UPMC McKeesport Internal Medicine Residency Program is seeking a Board Certified (Board Eligible) Internal Medicine Physician to serve as a Faculty Physician for our University Affiliated Community Hospital Internal Medicine residency program. We are seeking candidates who are dedicated to resident education and passion for serving vulnerable and underserved populations.
UPMC McKeesport Internal Medicine Program is a university affiliated community program with 39 residents, part of the UPMC Health System, located in McKeesport, Pennsylvania
The core faculty are responsible for assisting the Program Director with the development and growth of the UPMC McKeesport Internal Medicine Residency program in accordance with ACGME guidelines.
- Teaching, mentoring, advising and supervising residents and medical students
- Serves on the Clinical Competency Committee
- Serves on the Program Evaluation Committee
- Curricula development for resident and faculty education
- Participates in assessment and evaluation of all learners
- Participates in quality/practice improvement projects annually
- Completes scholarly activity annually
- Clinical supervision of residents in the ambulatory and inpatient settings approximately 65% of time
- Solo ambulatory clinical duties in the resident/faculty ambulatory practice
- Opportunity to sit on hospital committees
- Other duties as necessary to meet ACGME requirements and per Program Director discretion
- Applicant must have completed a U. S. accredited graduate medical residency training in Internal Medicine.
- Must be board certified in Internal Medicine (or Board eligible and certified within 3 years of employment).
- Must hold a valid Pennsylvania medical license, MD or DO, or can get a Pennsylvania License prior to start.
- Experience in Graduate Medicine Education a plus but not required
This is a salary position with a quality incentive bonus and a sign-on bonus. Benefits include paid vacation, medical, dental and vision coverage, malpractice coverage and CME allowance.
To learn more, apply today.
Location/Region: Mckeesport, PA (15132)